FULP - We are 3 independent churches working together as a Parish
"Our Mission is to be open to God's presence in our hearts, in our minds, and in our world; to love God and one another; and to share our Lutheran theology of God's love and grace for all people."
|File Size:||60 kb|
FULP'S UPCOMING MEETINGS/MINISTRIES/SERVICES/EVENTS:
- Community Thanksgiving Service - November 21 - 7:00PM @ the Historic Monaghan Church, Dillsburg
- Annual Congregational Meetings: Dec 3 (St. John's); Dec 10 (Emmanuel & Barrens)
- Advent book Study - December 5, 12, & 19 1:00PM at the Square Bean in Dillsburg
- All Council Meetings - December 12 at Barren's 7:00PM; Parish 8:00PM
- Mugs-N-Muffins AND Men's Breakfast - at Baker's Restaurant - 8:00AM
- Combined Worship - December 24 (AM service) at Filey's 9:00AM
- Christmas Eve Services - December 24 (PM services) with Holy Communion (Rev. Stetler):
- St. John's - 4:00PM
- Emmanuel - 7:00PM
- St. Michael's - 8:30PM
- Barren's - 10:30PM
Remaining Parish Worship - 2017
December 24 (Christmas Eve Day) at CLC Filey's - 9:00AM
"I've Had A View From Another Pew, Have You?"
The Spirit has been working in the creative minds of the people in this Parish and this is what we have come up with - “I’VE HAD A VIEW FROM ANOTHER PEW, HAVE YOU?” One of the most difficult things about walking into a new church is worrying about sitting in someone’s pew. No church actually has “assigned seating” but sometimes that’s what it seems like, especially to a visitor. In an effort to try and be more welcoming to those who walk through our church doors, everyone will be strongly encouraged to sit in a different pew every week. The first step to welcoming the new people in our midst is to take a look at ourselves and our own patterns of worship. Something as simple as sitting in the same place every week, can be really intimidating to those who are new and do not know the “seating assignment.” This is something that we have never heard of being done at any church before, so we will be the first…AND we will become known as the Parish that changes seats every week! We believe that this will change the way we each view worship as well as be very inviting to all of our guests. From now on, EVERYONE will be asked to try sitting in a different pew!
Parish Office at Barren's (717) 432-4802
232 Kralltown Road
Dillsburg, PA 17019