FULP - We are 3 independent churches working together as a Parish
"Our Mission is to be open to God's presence in our hearts, in our minds, and in our world; to love God and one another; and to share our Lutheran theology of God's love and grace for all people."
|File Size:||33 kb|
FULP'S UPCOMING MEETINGS/MINISTRIES/SERVICES/EVENTS:
- Next Regular and Parish Council Meetings - Oct 4 at Barren's Church @ 7PM and 8PM
- Next Mugs-N-Muffins - Oct 22, 8:00AM at Barren's Church
- Next Mens Breakfast - Oct 22, 8:00AM at Bakers Restaurant
- Outreach Committee Meeting - Nov 21, 7:00PM at Church House
- "Martin Luther" Movie - September 25, 3:00PM at Filey's Church
- Pet Blessing Service - October 2, 3:00PM at Emmanuel
- CROP Walk - October 9, 1:00PM at Pinchot Park - Alpine Road
- Next Parish Service - October 16, 10:45AM at St. John's (Heritage Day)
- Boscov Shopping Day Pass Fundraiser - October 18
- Trick-Or-Treat Stand - October 27, 6-8:00PM at Emmanuel
- Hayride - October 30, 2:00PM departs Barren's Parking Lot
- Harvest Home - November 13 - All churches bring in canned goods
- LIFT Sight & Sound Event - Nov. 17 at 2:45PM - Questions, call Pastor Debbie at Filey's
- Community Thanksgiving Service - November 22 - St. John's Church hosted by MountainView and pastor Simms - 7:00PM
Upcoming Parish Worship - 2016
- October 16 (Heritage Day) at St. John’s - 10:45AM - The Heritage of all parish congregations will be celebrated at St. John’s, October 16 at 10:45AM. Invite family, friends, and prior members to join us. We are looking for additional photos and memorabilia. Any period attire is welcome. Some WWII re-enactors will be with us to remember those involved in that war. A covered dish lunch will follow; please bring your favorite heritage food to share
- October 30 (Confirmation/Reformation Day) at CLC Filey's - 9:00AM -
- Joint Worship Service - We will hold a combined Confirmation/Reformation Day worship service at Filey’s beginning at 9:00AM. Don’t forget to wear red for Reformation Sunday.
- Hayride – Everyone is welcome to join us as the wagons will be departing from Barren’s parking lot at 2:00PM. NOTE: There will be no chili cook-off this year; however, coffee, hot chocolate, and snacks will follow in the Church House around 3:15PM. Rain date will be November 13.
- December 25 (Christmas Day) at Emmanuel - 9:00AM
"I've Had A View From Another Pew, Have You?"
The Spirit has been working in the creative minds of the people in this Parish and this is what we have come up with - “I’VE HAD A VIEW FROM ANOTHER PEW, HAVE YOU?” One of the most difficult things about walking into a new church is worrying about sitting in someone’s pew. No church actually has “assigned seating” but sometimes that’s what it seems like, especially to a visitor. In an effort to try and be more welcoming to those who walk through our church doors, everyone will be strongly encouraged to sit in a different pew every week. The first step to welcoming the new people in our midst is to take a look at ourselves and our own patterns of worship. Something as simple as sitting in the same place every week, can be really intimidating to those who are new and do not know the “seating assignment.” This is something that we have never heard of being done at any church before, so we will be the first…AND we will become known as the Parish that changes seats every week! We believe that this will change the way we each view worship as well as be very inviting to all of our guests. From now on, EVERYONE will be asked to try sitting in a different pew!
Parish Office at Barren's (717) 432-4802
232 Kralltown Road
Dillsburg, PA 17019